Welcome to the Victorian Seniors Card program
Commencing in 1991, the Victorian Seniors Card program acknowledges and celebrates the contribution seniors have made and continue to make to our communities and the State of Victoria.
This free program encourages you to keep active and engaged in the community by providing discounts that make it more affordable to get out and about. We also provide information on the Seniors Online website to assist you to keep healthy and active.
What are the program benefits?
- A 50% discount on trams, trains and buses, including V/Line trains and coaches with your free Seniors myki included in this pack
- Capped price travel anywhere in the state including V/Line train trips from 31 March 2023
- Free weekend travel on public transport in any two consecutive zones
- Free public transport travel vouchers (opt-in required)
- Access to a NSW Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card that never expires, for use on public transport services across Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter, Illawarra and Southern Highlands capped at $2.50 a day
- Discounts of 10 per cent or more at thousands of shops, services and businesses
- Discount entry to the Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum and Scienceworks
- Exemption from a Fishing Licence in Victorian waters
- Free travel for eight days during the Victorian Seniors Festival across metropolitan and regional services
- Access to discounts from participating businesses when travelling around Australia and New Zealand
- Seasonal e-News full of inspiring stories, information and discounts
- Special offers by post or email
Your Seniors Card
Keep in touch
Make sure we have your current contact details including an email address. By keeping your contact details up to date you’ll never miss out on Seniors Card benefits.
Changing your address or email address?
Visit Seniors Online to . You can also subscribe to the Seniors Card e-newsletter, replace a lost or stolen card, or cancel a card. A dedicated Seniors Card telephone line is available on 1300 797 210 from Monday to Friday. Or you can via this website.
The Seniors Card is always free
The Seniors Online website
This website is a full service website for all your Seniors Card program and Victorian Government information:
- Update your details, find answers to frequently asked questions, or replace your card – visit
- Browse the Discount Directory to find out about discounts in your local area and special offers – visit the
- Watch videos on how you can get involved in your local community, make friends, and find things to do near you – visit the
- Read inspiring stories about other people’s lives and families – visit
- Learn about where you can share your skills and experiences with others as a volunteer or community leader – isit the
- Test yourself with a daily sudoku or crossword puzzle on the
- Visit out page online Events calendar and plan your Festival.
What types of discounts are on offer?
- Automotive – Have your car serviced or purchase spare parts, tyres or a battery.
- Food and drink – Enjoy all types of food and beverages, takeaway, restaurants, cafes and hotels.
- Shopping – Shop for everything from clothing to shoes, books, flowers, gifts, antiques, jewellery and watches, cameras, office equipment and supplies, or musical instruments.
- House and home – Buy furniture, electrical and white goods, gardening and nursery products, hardware, homewares, lighting, mobility aids and even your dry cleaning.
- Professional services – Find financial services such as tax, accounting and investing, plus all types of insurance, real estate agencies, veterinary clinics and hospitals, wedding and funeral services.
- Health and beauty – Check your hearing or eyesight, get a haircut or a facial, see a physiotherapist or chiropractor, buy new glasses or shop at a pharmacy.
- Leisure and recreation – Take advantage of accommodation, tourist attractions and activities both outdoors and indoors – whether arts and crafts, cinema and entertainment, or tennis and golf.
- Public Transport – As a Seniors Card holder you receive a 50 per cent discount, and some free travel, on trains, trams and buses in Victoria. Capped price travel anywhere in the state including V/Line train trips from 31 March 2023. Discounted travel services and accommodation are also available.
Making the most of you Seniors Card
- Take your card with you whenever you go out.
- Look for the ‘Seniors Card Welcome Here’ logo for businesses that offer a discount.
- Ask for Seniors Card discounts when you’re out and about.
- Set Seniors Online as your homepage and use the online to find discounts across Victoria.
Public transport is cheaper with a Seniors Card
Victorian Seniors Card holders receive:
- Seniors myki with a 50 per cent discount on trains, trams and buses, including V/Line trains and coaches
- Free weekend travel in any two consecutive zones and on regional town buses
- Opt in to free travel vouchers
- Free travel during Victorian Seniors Festival in October – that’s eight days of free travel across metropolitan and regional services
- Capped price travel anywhere in the state including V/Line train trips from 31 March 2023.
Remember to carry your Seniors Card and use your Seniors myki when you travel.
The Victorian Seniors Festival
This important Victorian Government initiative celebrates older Victorians and the valuable contribution they make to our community. It is the is the major state-wide festival for and involving seniors with events throughout October right across the state.
Stay up to date with the Seniors Card program e-News
To stay updated with the program activities and latest news, join our mailing list and follow us on Facebook.
The Seniors Card Age-Friendly Partners Program is designed to make day-to-day services more age friendly. You can take advantage of potential savings on electricity and gas bills, by accessing special electricity and gas plans, with paper bills, a dedicated seniors telephone line and a host of other benefits, including tools and information to help you reduce your energy usage and save on your energy bills. You can join a Telstra Social Seniors program in your local library to learn how to make short videos online to connect with friends and family. For more information visit the .
The Seniors Card program collects and uses your personal information for the purpose of administering the Seniors Card program. This includes mailing your Seniors Card, free travel vouchers, publications, surveys, government information and special offers from participating businesses. Your personal information may be disclosed to other government departments and organisations to enable your access to Seniors Card benefits.
The Seniors Card program respects your privacy. If you would like to read our ‘Seniors Card: Your privacy’ notice please call 1300 797 210 or visit us online at . If you would prefer not to receive Seniors Card publications in the future or would like to access or update your personal information, please call Seniors Card on 1300 797 210 or . The Seniors Card program is part of the Department of Families, Fairness, and Housing.
The Seniors Business Discount Card Welcome Pack and online version, and the included materials have been provided to you for information purposes only. The State of Victoria:
- does not endorse any particular organisation, product or services named in this publication or enclosed materials;
- does not accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies that may be contained in this publication or enclosed materials and disclaims all liability for error, loss or other consequence which may arise from you relying on any information in this publication and enclosed materials; and
- does not represent or warrant that any service or product specified in this publication or enclosed materials is of a particular standard or is suitable for your needs, and has not assessed whether the service or product is of a particular standard.
Before purchasing any goods or services or relying on any information referred to in this publication or enclosed materials, you should make your own enquiries about whether the goods or services are of good quality and are suitable for your needs, and if necessary, seek independent financial, legal or medical advice. View the
Authorised and published by the Victorian Government, 1 Treasury Place, Melbourne © State of Victoria.
Reviewed 19 March 2023