Seniors Online logo

Important Contacts

Contact details for organisations and agencies that can advocate for you, or provide dispute resolution guidance and advice

The Commissioner for Senior Victorians is committed to working towards an age-friendly and inclusive Victoria for all seniors. The Commissioner provides independent advice to the Minister and government departments. The Commissioner does not provide individual advocacy or resolve complaints on behalf of older people, their families and carers.

The list below provides contact information for a range of agencies who may be able to assist you with your issue or concern.

Australian Human Rights Commission (Commonwealth)

The Australian Human Rights Commission provides free, impartial and informal support to investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination and breaches of human rights.

Website: Age Discrimination | Australian Human Rights CommissionExternal Link
Phone:1300 656 419

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (State)

The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC) provides free and confidential information about your rights and Victoria’s equal opportunity and human rights laws. If the Commission is unable to help, they may refer you to another organisation.

Website: Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights CommissionExternal Link
Phone: 1300 292 153

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (Commonwealth)

The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission provides a free service for anyone to raise a concern or make a complaint about the quality of care or services provided to people receiving Australian Government funded aged care.

Website: Aged Care Quality and Safety CommissionExternal Link
Phone:1800 951 822

NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (Commonwealth)

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. The Commission can work with you, and with providers and workers, to resolve problems and improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports.

Website: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission ( Link
Phone: 1800 035 544

Victorian Disability Worker Commission (Victoria)

The Victorian Disability Worker Commission can receive any enquiry, complaint or notification about any disability worker in Victoria, regardless of the way in which the service is funded.

Website: Victorian Disability Worker Commission ( Link
Phone: 1800 497 132

Disability Services Commissioner (Victoria)

The Disability Services Commissioner handles complaints about Victorian disability services registered with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).

Website: Disability Services Commissioner ( Link
Phone:1800 677 342

Health Complaints Commissioner

The Health Complaints Commissioner acts independently and impartially to resolve complaints about healthcare and the handling of health information in Victoria. The Commissioner can also investigate matters and review complaints data to help health service providers improve the quality of their service.

Website: Health Complaints Commissioner ( Link
Phone:1300 582 113

Seniors Rights Victoria

Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV) is a free and confidential telephone, legal, referral and advocacy service on elder abuse prevention. Watch the Learn about Seniors Rights Victoria videoExternal Link online.

Website: Seniors Rights VictoriaExternal Link
Phone:1300 368 821 (from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday).

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria is the state's consumer affairs regulator and a part of the Department of Justice and Community Safety. Consumer Affairs Victoria:

  • provides information and advice to consumers, businesses, tenants, landlords and property managers about their rights, responsibilities and changes to relevant laws
  • registers and licenses certain businesses and occupations
  • enforces compliance with consumer laws
  • and reviews and advises the Victorian Government on the consumer protection framework.

Website: Consumer Affairs VictoriaExternal Link
Phone: 1300 55 81 81

Victorian Ombudsman

The Victorian Ombudsman promotes fairness, integrity and respect for human rights. The Victorian Ombudsman holds the Victorian public sector accountable to the people of Victoria and can receive complaints about a range of Victorian public organisations.

Website: Victorian OmbudsmanExternal Link
Phone: 1800 806 314

Energy and Water Ombudsman

The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) has the power to investigate and resolve disputes between Victorian electricity, gas and water customers and their providers.

Website: Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria (EWOV)External Link
Phone: 1800 500 509

Public Transport Ombudsman

The Public Transport Ombudsman provides a fair, free and fast service to sort out your unresolved public transport complaints and help make public transport in Melbourne and Victoria better for everyone.

Website: Public Transport Ombudsman Victoria ( Link
Phone:1800 466 865

Reviewed 31 January 2024