Public transport is cheaper with a Seniors Card.
Victorian Seniors Card holders receive significant discounts and benefits on public transport. These are:
- A Seniors myki and concession fares on trains, trams and buses, including V/Line trains and coaches. This is a 50 per cent discount on a full fare.
- Free weekend travel in any two consecutive zones and on regional town buses.
- Free off-peak travel vouchers. Victorian Seniors Card holders receive these in their Welcome Packs and during the Seniors Card mail out in October. Vouchers can be redeemed for:
- a day’s unlimited travel in Zone 1+2, at a metropolitan premium station or PTV Hub
- an off-peak V/Line single or day return, at a staffed V/Line station or ticket agent.
- Free travel during Victorian Seniors Festival in October. That’s eight days of free travel across metropolitan and regional services.
- Cheaper off-peak fares on V/Line services.
Card holders should remember to carry their Seniors Card and Seniors myki when travelling.
For more information see Using your Seniors myki and visit the Public Transport Victoria (PTV) seniors (External link) for information about transport benefits.
Note: Seniors Business Discount Card do not have access to public transport concessions and Seniors fares. For more information visit the Seniors Card program FAQs.
When you travel interstate, please take your Seniors Card with you. You may be able to access concession travel in some States and Territories of Australia.
Please contact the relevant Seniors Card program in the States and Territories that you intend to visit to find out about benefits available to Victorian Seniors Card holders.