This tasty one pot meal recipe was first published on Boost your
10 minute preparation time. 40-45 minutes cooking time.
You will need:
- Heavy-based saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup brown rice
- 10g salt reduced vegetable stock cube, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 420g can 3 bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and paprika and sauté a further 1 minute.
- Add rice and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently until well coated.
- Add stock cube, two cups of water, beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Use a 4 bean mix if a 3 bean mix is not available.
- Alternatively use canned black or red kidney beans.
Serve with a salad or use as a filling for burritos, burrito bowls or enchiladas
Reviewed 02 April 2023