If you have a suggested link or publication for inclusion on this page, please contact Seniors Online via our Contact us form.

Aged care

My Aged Care (previously Australian Government's Seniors.gov.au and Department of Health and Ageing)
Visit My Aged Care

Aged Care in Victoria
Visit Aged Care in Victoria

Concessions, rebates, health services and programs

Carer Card Program
Visit Carer Card

Visit Centrelink

Visit Medicare

Victorian State Concessions (e.g. energy, water and sewerage, municipal rates and transport)
Visit Victorian State Concessions

Veterans in Victoria
Visit Victorian Veterans

Culture, activities and tourism

Australian Centre for the Moving Image
Visit Australian Centre for the Moving Image

Federation Square
Visit Federation Square

Golden Days Radio
Visit Golden Days Radio

Heritage Victoria
Visit Heritage Victoria

Museum Victoria
Visit Museum Victoria

National Gallery of Victoria
Visit National Gallery of Victoria

Parks Victoria
Visit Parks Victoria

Smarttraveller (Australian Government website)
Visit Smartraveller.gov.au

Visit Victoria
Visit Visit Victoria 

Government organisations

Visit Australia.gov.au

Municipal Association of Victoria
Visit Municipal Association of Victoria  

Local Governments in Victoria
Visit find Your Local Council

Victoria Online (Victorian Government website)
Visit Victoria Online

Health and emergency services

Better Health Channel
Visit Better Health Channel

Country Fire Authority (CFA)  (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
Visit Country Fire Authority

Crime Stoppers (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
Phone 1800 333 000 or visit Crimestoppers

In an emergency dial triple zero (000) or if you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106. This is a Text Emergency Call, not SMS, and you can call from teletypewriters.

Phone 13 11 14 or visit Lifeline

Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
Visit Metropolitan Fire Brigade

Nurse-on-Call (health advice from registered nurses - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Phone 1300 60 60 24 or visit Nurse on Call

Police (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
To find your local police station visit Your Local Police

State Emergency Services (SES) (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
Phone 132 500 or visit State Emergency Services

Victorian Bushfire Information Line  (dial triple zero (000) to report an emergency)
Phone 1800 240 667 or visit Victorian Bushfire Information Line at CFA's website

Money, work and retirement

Money Smart
Visit  Money Smart

Australian Tax Office
Visit Australian Tax Office

Business Victoria
Visit Business Victoria 

Victoria's Volunteering portal
Visit Victoria's Volunteering Portal

Our Community (advice and tools for not-for profit and community groups)
Visit Our Community

Rights, elder abuse and financial abuse

Aged Care Advocacy Services
Phone 1800 700 600 or visit MyAgedCare - Advocacy Services

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
Phone 1800 550 552 or write to Aged Care Complaints Commissioner, GPO Box 9848, Melbourne 3001 or visit the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner website

Commonwealth Government Aged Care Commissioner 
Phone 1800 500 294 or visit Commonwealth Government Aged Care Commissioner

Commonwealth Ombudsman 
Phone 1300 362 072 or visit Commonwealth Ombudsman

Consumer Affairs Victoria
Phone 1300 558 181, go to Victorian Consumer and Business Centre, 113 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 or visit Consumer Affairs Victoria

Elder Rights Advocacy 
Phone (03) 9602 3066 or 1800 700 600 or visit Elder Rights Advocacy

Financial Ombudsman Service
Phone 1800 367 287 or visit the Financial Ombudsman Service

Federation of Community Legal Centres 
Phone (03) 9652 1500 or visit Federation of Community Legal Centres

Office of the Public Advocate 
Phone 1300 309 337 or visit Office of the Public Advocate

Privacy Victoria 
Phone (03) 8619 8739 or visit Privacy Victoria

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Phone 1800 062 058 or visit Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission 
Phone 1300 300 630 or visit The Australian Securities and Investment Commission

State Trustees
Phone Melbourne residents: (03) 9667 6466 or regional residents: 1300 138 672 or visit State Trustees

Seniors Information Victoria (SIV)
Phone 1300 135 090 or visit Seniors Information Victoria (SIV)

Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV)
Phone 1300 368 821 or visit Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV)

Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service
Phone 1800 064 865 or visit Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service

Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission 
Phone 1300 292 153 or visit Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission

Victoria Legal Aid
Phone (03) 9269 0120 or visit Victoria Legal Aid

Victorian Ombudsman
Phone (03) 9613 6222 or 1800 806 314 or visit Victorian Ombudsman

Transport and public transport

Visit VicRoads - Older Driver Safety

Public Transport Victoria (including myki)
Call 1800 800 007 or visit Public Transport Victoria)

Public Toilet Map
Visit National Public Toilet Map

Travellers Aid Australia (support for older people and people with a disability)
Phone (03) 9654 2600 or visit Travellers Aid Australia

Seniors advocacy groups

Association of Independent Retirees
Phone 1800 063 304 or visit Association of Independent Retirees

Council on the Ageing Victoria
Phone (03) 9654 4443 or visit Council on the Ageing

Housing for the Aged Action Group
Phone (03) 9654 7389 or visit Housing for the Aged Action Group

National Seniors Australia
Phone 1300 76 50 50 or visit National Seniors Australia

Seniors Information Victoria (SIV)
Phone 1300 135 090 or visit Seniors Information Victoria (SIV)

Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV)
Phone 1300 368 821 or visit Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV)

Seniors community groups

Broadband for Seniors
Phone 1300 795 897 or visit Broadband for Seniors

Life Activities Clubs
Phone (03) 9662 2930 or visit Life Activities Clubs

Neighbourhood houses and learning centres
Visit Association of Neighbourhood Houses and Learning Centres

Phone (03) 9787 1665 or visit Probus South Pacific

Senior Citizens Club
Find your local council to find a club in your area.

Universities of the Third Age
Phone (03) 9670 3659 or visit U3A Network Victoria