The Victorian Senior of the Year Awards acknowledge older Victorians who volunteer to assist, support and encourage others in their communities. The Awards also recognise community organisations or businesses that create age-friendly communities through inclusion and active aging.
Congratulations to Hamish Russell and all of this year's Victorian Senior of the Year Awards recipients.
All nominees are given a certificate of appreciation, and this year’s Awards were presented on 9 October at Government House ceremony hosted by the Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria.
The Awards are a partnership between the Department of Health and Human Services and Council on the Ageing Victoria. The categories are:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year: Outstanding contribution to local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award: Significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity.
- Healthy and Active Living Award: Helping to create active and healthy communities.
- Veteran Community Award: Exceptional contribution to the veteran community.
- Council on the Ageing Victoria Senior Achiever Awards: Significant contribution to local communities.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award: Organisation that has promoted active ageing.