The 2017 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards will be presented to recipients on Tuesday 10 October at a ceremony at Government House.
The awards acknowledge older Victorians who volunteer to assist, support and encourage others in their communities. It also recognises community organisations or businesses that create age-friendly communities through inclusion and active aging.
The categories are:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year to an individual for an outstanding contribution to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in the community.
- Healthy and Active Living Award to an individual for helping to create active and healthy communities through community involvement and as a role model.
- Veteran Community Award to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the award does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards to individuals for significant contributions to local communities in Victoria.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award recognises an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.