Do you know an older Victorian who makes a difference in their community? This could be a leader who inspires others, a behind-the-scenes organiser, or a person who does the hands-on work to deliver services. Perhaps you know an organisation that improves the lives of older people.
You can nominate them for a Victorian Senior of the Year Award.
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year for an outstanding contribution by an individual to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in their local community or in the broader community.
- Healthy and Active Living Award to an individual for helping to create active and healthy communities through community involvement and as a role model.
- Veteran Community Award to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the award does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing Victoria Senior Achiever Awards to up to 10 individuals for significant contributions to local communities and Victoria.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award recognising an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
The awards are a partnership between the Department of Health and Human Services and COTA Victoria.