Some older people are vulnerable to COVID-19 but less connected to the internet and in need of ways to access information for their circumstances.
The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line 1800 171 866 (freecall) provides information and support. Operating Monday-Friday from 8.30am-6pm (excluding public holidays).
Older Australians, their families, friends and carers can call 1800 171 866 (freecall) if they:
- would like to talk with someone about the COVID-19 restrictions and its impact on them
- are feeling lonely or are worried about a loved one
- are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
- need help or advice about changing the aged care services they are receiving
- need help to access new care services or essential supplies such as shopping
- are living with dementia or are concerned about a friend or family member living with dementia
- would like to arrange a one-off or regular wellbeing check.