The prize draw has now closed. Check your April e-News for our next ticket giveaway.
- 50 Seniors Card holders' names will be selected by random from the list of people who clicked on the 15 March email for the entry draw.
- Winners will be contacted by email by to confirm acceptance.
- Tickets are valid for to The Girl from the North Country only, playing at the Comedy Theatre in Melbourne, season commences from 29 April 2022.
- Passes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion, and passes will not be valid on Friday or Saturday performances.
- Once confirmed you will be provided with a series of available dates to nominate a preferred performance. Digital tickets will then be issued by Ticketek.
Winners names will be published on Seniors Online in April.
The Girl from the North Country is an evocative musical pairing 19 legendary Bob Dylan tunes with the brilliance of Irish writer Conor McPherson.
Photo of the cast performing - credit Daniel Boud.
The show, set in 1930’s America, tells the tale of those living through the Great Depression in a rundown guesthouse in Minnesota. All have intriguing, complicated stories but the arrival of a bible salesman and a down-on-his-luck boxer changes everything.
McPherson had the freedom to choose from Dylan’s entire catalogue while writing the original work, so you hear such classics as Like a Rolling Stone and Hurricane. Opening on the West End in 2017, followed by a Broadway premiere three years later, it has made its way to Sydney before a national tour including Adelaide and Melbourne.
Read more and watch a preview.
Seniors Card holders can get a $20 discount on A & B reserve tickets – visit the Discount Directory for more information or go to the Girl From the North Country website to purchase tickets via Ticketek. Select ‘Concession’ when purchasing. Available for performances Sunday-Thursday. Please have your card with you when you go to the show.
Reviewed 27 December 2022