This prize draw has now closed.
Well-known broadcaster and television host, Denis Walter, celebrates five decades of his illustrious music career with a brand-new album and concert titled Yesterday Once More.
Five decades and sixteen albums
Denis released his first album The Incredible Voice Of Denis Walter in 1973 and, in April 2021, went on to release his sixteenth titled Yesterday Once More. Recorded with producer Michael Cristiano (The Seekers), Walters is joined by a stunning list of collaborators including, Brian Cadd, John Paul Young, Vika and Linda Bull, Mirusia and Centre & The South.
On stage Yesterday Once More see’s Denis deliver soaring takes of songs well represented from the 60’s and 70’s including Easybeats ‘Friday On My Mind’ and ‘She’s So Fine’, John Paul Young’s 1975 classic, ‘Yesterday’s Hero’, Jon English classics‘Six Ribbons’ and the brilliant pop-noir‘Hollywood Seven’, Brian Cadd’s Don’t You Know It’s Magic’, Max Merritt’s ‘Slipping Away’, Lynne Randell’s ‘Ciao Baby’, Love Affair’s ‘Everlasting Love’ and the timeless ‘Don’t You Know Yockomo’ … to name a few.
Anyone who heard Walter’s timeless interpretation of Nick Cave’s ‘Ship Song’ in 1993 will appreciate the singer’s singular way with a song.
Performing live again
‘Yesterday Once More represents me as a teenager with a guitar singing contemporary songs rather than the big ballads that dominated my early years’ Denis explains, ‘I love these songs and what they represent to a generation of Australians. I am also excited to bring these songs to life once again with my live show.’
A national treasure who was awarded an Order of Australia Medal for services to music in 2015, you can see Denis perform live at the Palms At Crown, Melbourne on Sunday May 1 (1pm show) and Lighthouse Theatre Warrnambool (7.30pm show) on Saturday May 21.
Terms and conditions
- The winners will be selected by the Seniors Card program through a random draw based on clicks on the Denis Walter prize draw link in the April 2022 eNews.
- Five Seniors card holders’ names will be selected to win one double pass each.
- Winners will then be contacted by email by the Seniors Card program to confirm acceptance, before their details are passed onto the show promoters Ambition Entertainment to arrange the tickets.
- The winners are entitled to one double pass, to be provided prior to the show.
- Valid for use for Sunday 1 May 2022 at The Palms at Crown in Melbourne.
- The passes cannot be changed to a different performance, exchanged for cash and are non-transferrable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the promoter may may, at their discretion, substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- The passes apply to Denis Walter Yesterday Once More - Performing the Hits of the 60s and 70s only.
- The passes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion.
- Winners names will be published on Seniors Online in April 2022.
Reviewed 27 December 2022