Some older people are vulnerable to COVID-19 but less connected to the internet and in need of ways to access information for their circumstances.
The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line 1800 171 866 (free call) has been launched to provide information and support to older people.
Operating from 8.30am-6pm (AEST) Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
If you would like to talk to someone about the COVID-19 restrictions and its impact on them
- are feeling lonely or are worried about a loved one
- are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
- need help or advice about changing the aged care services they are receiving
- need help to access new care services or essential supplies such as shopping
- are living with dementia or are concerned about a friend or family member living with dementia
- would like to arrange a one-off or regular wellbeing check.
For more information on help and support available visit the Social Support Hub