As a Victorian Seniors card holder (see note), you can get out and explore metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria with free travel from 8 to 15 October 2017.
How to travel
Simply carry your Seniors myki and Victorian Seniors Card with you on public transport, and touch on and off as usual. You won’t be charged.
On regional services that don’t use myki, show your Victorian Seniors Card to the conductor or bus driver.
Where you can go
You’ll be able to travel for free on all public transport in Victoria, including:
- Melbourne trains, trams and buses
- Regional trains, coaches and buses (including regional town bus services)
Some private bus operators and airport services are excluded, visit for more information.
We recommend travelling during off-peak hours (between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm or after 6.00 pm, and on weekends), as you’ll be more likely to find a seat.
Travelling in regional Victoria
It’s useful to know that:
- You need to reserve a seat on long distance V/Line trains and some coaches
- Book early – seats can fill quickly. You’ll need to collect your tickets within 48 hours
- You can only travel free in economy class
- If you’re planning to travel in a group of 12 or more, call the PTV Group Travel Coordinator on 9619 2338 from 10.00 am on Tuesday 5 September to check if seats are available
- If you make a booking and aren’t able to travel, let us know. We can give your ticket to someone else.
Find out more about regional town bus and V/Line services.
Using your myki
During the Festival you won’t be charged when you touch on and off. For more myki information, visit using your myki.
Note: Public transport discounts are only available to Victorian Seniors Card holders. Victorian Seniors Business Discount Card holders are not entitled to public transport discounts.