2018 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards nomination period open
The Victorian Senior of the Year Awards acknowledge seniors who volunteer to assist, support and encourage others in their communities.
They also recognise community organisations or businesses that create age-friendly environments through inclusion and active aging.
Nominations for the 2018 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards are now open on and close on Friday 20 July 2018.
You can nominate under the following categories:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year for an outstanding contribution by an individual to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in their local community or in the broader community.
- Healthy and Active Living Award to an individual for helping to create active and healthy communities through community involvement and as a role model.
- Veteran Community Award to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the award does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards to up to 10 individuals for significant contributions to local communities and Victoria.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award recognising an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
You can download a nomination form here or if you would like a form posted to you please contact Seniors Information Victoria on 1300 135 090
Read about previous award recipients
Download a nomination form