Paea Leach first met Alice Cummins as her teacher at WAAPA in Perth. Over 20 years later they are firm friends who rehearse, choreograph and share similar approaches to their creative arts.
Both claim a fierceness and intellectual independence to their performance making. Watching them talk about life matters and the challenges of creating performance work as women is a delight and inspiring all at the same time.
Paea is a Māori / Ngati Kuri (from Northland, Aotearoa) and Australian artist. She has worked as a dancer and performer around Australia and Europe.
Alice is a dance artist, Body-Mind Centering® Practitioner and internationally qualified Registered Somatic Movement Educator & Therapist (ISMETA). Based in Melbourne, she is a master teacher who offers independent workshops throughout Australia.
Find out more about Paea Leach
Find out more about Alice Cummins
We hope you enjoyed this discussion - please leave us a comment below.
While we kindly encourage you to submit your comments, thoughts and experiences below or on our Facebook, we expect that users will not post content that falls into the following categories and reserve the right to remove comments that are:
- off-topic and not appropriate for discussion in this forum
- in violation of another’s privacy
- vexatious, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- abusive, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or otherwise offensive
- of a political nature or promote particular services, products, or political organisations
- illegal or advocates illegal activity
- in violation of another’s intellectual property or infringe upon copyrights or trademarks.
By submitting a comment you agree to the Victorian Seniors Festival using your comment on social media or in promotional material. Names or identifiers will not be used to protect your privacy.